trying to use Value2dDisplay

From: James Marshall
Subject: trying to use Value2dDisplay
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:54:47 GMT

Hello,
  well, after modifying gui.h, I've got my Swarm app to run without
crashing, using a Raster to display the contents of a Discrete2d
object. Except it doesn't update properly. I can't understand where
I'm going wrong, I've created actions in the observer Swarm to
display the Value2dDisplay, and drawSelf the Raster. My update
function to put the values in the Discrete2d object is definitely
called, and definitely sets the values correctly. I've set the
display widget, colour map and Discrete2d object for the
Value2dDisplay. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do? I'm
modelling my app on the Heatbugs example for the display routines.
  As for using a ZoomRaster, I definitely don't have .swarmArchiver
on my hard disk, and I'm definitely setting the width and height of
the ZoomRaster to be the same. Yet I still get a non-square zoom
error at run-time.
  I'm out of ideas here, I hope someone can suggest something!
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences