Re: The glibc math bug. Not on my P-166 system!

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: The glibc math bug. Not on my P-166 system!
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:29:02 -0500 (CDT)

OK, now I understand. Found the old note, and I've confirmed that the
glibc distributed from redhat errata DOES have the correct stuff in
__math.h.  The __math.h on my system is correct, it is from the rpm:

glibc-devel-2.0.7-13

So, it seems to me all redhat users (or people with linux who can
install rpms) ought to have this or newer.

So the whole long series of problems the Steve and Sven have been reporting
all trace back to this one bit in __math.h and I can safely ignore it?

I am going to add this information to the SwarmFaq entry that Steve Prepared,
unless I get word to the contrary.

pj

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> PJ> When Marcus wrote that the glic problem had been addressed, I wasn't sure
> PJ> what to conclude.
>
> It's been fixed in GNU glibc 2.1 sources.  I don't know if it has
> made it to distributions or patches to distributions.
> In any case, I posted the change -- just look in your
> /usr/include/__math.h to see if it is there.
>
> The workaround is to not compile anything with optimization,
> e.g. configure Swarm like so:
>
>   CFLAGS=-g ./configure

Paul E. Johnson                      address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700