Problems with Value2dDisplay

From: James Marshall
Subject: Problems with Value2dDisplay
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:36:33 GMT

Hi all,
  I hope someone can help me with this... I'm having problems with
Value2dDisplay. I use a Value2dDisplay to convert population
densities of agents into a grey scale range from 1 to 10.
In the code below, populationDisplay is a Discrete2d object. This
code prints the correct result for each cell, which is 1 initially.
However when I call the display method of the Value2dDisplay, it
displays colours distributed across the entire grey scale range.

[populationDisplay putValue:
(long)(((double)localPopulation/maxAgents)*10+1) atX: x Y: y];
printf("%i\n",(int)[populationDisplay getValueAtX: x Y: y]);

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here?
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences