Latest in SimCAS

From: Ed Swanstrom
Subject: Latest in SimCAS
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:27:59 -0400

Here's the latest update on SimCAS.

Now that the Java conversion of Swarm has been tested and the alpha version
of the SimCity type interface and construction tool is almost complete,
Agilis will start providing manuals and training workshops within the next
few months after a major demo at the Knowledge Management Expo in Chicago
13-15th of October. At this expo the Knowledge Management Consortium (a
non-profit organization) intends to demonstrate the power of Swarm on a
three-tier network, a Supply Chain, and Meme propagation and measurement
from a Knowledge Management group made up of IBM, Dupont, MITRE, Agilis
Corporation, NCR and others.

At that time, the Java version of Swarm library will be availiable at cost
on CD's or downloadable from the Internet. Complete training manuals will
be extra.

Several have requested the source code of several sections of the code.
This will also be made availiable to those doing research on a case by case
basis until we complete the SimCity type interface CAS constructor. Once
the constructor is complete, we will provide open access to the source code.

Note: Building a Swarm constructor was tougher than we thought, so I hope
it will help the Swarm community and help expand Swarm awareness. A book
will be out at the end of the year about CAS with SimCAS on a CD.

Tx,

Ed Swanstrom
address@hidden