Re: Building Swarm 1.2 on Linux 5.0

From: Alessandra Cassar
Subject: Re: Building Swarm 1.2 on Linux 5.0
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 18:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

[------%<   snip, snip    %<--------]
> CustomProbeMap.m:18: `va_list' undeclared (first use this function)
Fix this error and the others go away
> CustomProbeMap.m:18: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> CustomProbeMap.m:18: for each function it appears in.)
> CustomProbeMap.m:18: parse error before `argumentPointer'
> CustomProbeMap.m:29: `argumentPointer' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> CustomProbeMap.m:40: parse error before `const'
> CustomProbeMap.m:44: parse error before `const'
> make[3]: *** [CustomProbeMap.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/laurence/swarm/swarm-1.2/src/objectbase'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/laurence/swarm/swarm-1.2/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/laurence/swarm/swarm-1.2'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> address@hidden swarm-1.2]$
>
> Any suggestions?

Hiya, you need to include the header file (stdarg.h) that contains the
va_list definition (the error message was telling you that va_list is not
defined for CustomProbeMap.m)

So to correct the error in the code, edit
$SWARMHOME/src/objectbase/CustomProbeMap.m
and add the following line near the top (I chose line 11)

        #include <stdarg.h>

Note that this problem has nothing to do with Red Hat 5.X.

Good luck,
Rich McClellan
address@hidden