hash_string

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: hash_string
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:21:39 +0200

        I'm using Sven Thommesen's MoGrid2d, contained in
SvenSpaces-970805.tar.gz

        MoGrid2d requires ListShuffler, always in
SvenSpaces-970805_tar.gz

        My program, with Swarm 1.3 in Win32 environment runs
perfectly; with Swarm 1.3 in Lunix (RedHat 5.1) environment, it
gives a segmentation fault, at the starting point. If I don't
include ListShuffler.o into the executable (only ListShuffler.h
is necessary to compile MoGrid2d, if one is not using shuffle
methods) the program runs perfectly.

        Below I'm reporting gdb output.

gdb) run
Starting program: /home/terna/swarm/langtonAntSpace/ants

0x80acd8b in hash_string ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x80acd8b in hash_string ()
#1  0x80a4c25 in hash_value_for_key ()
#2  0x80ac9f1 in __sel_register_typed_name ()
#3  0x80a6ead in __objc_exec_class ()
#4  0x805108d in _GLOBAL_.I.ListShuffler.m () at ListShuffler.m:115
#5  0x80ae91b in __do_global_ctors_aux ()
#6  0x804d3fa in _init ()

        Pietro