tclTest-1.3.tar.gz

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: tclTest-1.3.tar.gz
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:39:32 +0200

        Hi All,

        at ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/users-contrib/anarchy/ you can find
tclTest-1.3.tar.gz which upgrades tclTest.tar.gz

        Below you'll find the content of the README file. Many thanks for
comments.

        Pietro

README ---
        Pietro Terna (August 29, 1998)

        tclTest - derived from simpleObserverBug2 - is a simple
Swarm (1.3 v.) program developed to show the possibility of
embedding the use of Tcl scripts in Swarm.
        Agents do nothing but displaying their number and two
modification of this one. The rules determining the
modifications are external (see the file tclTest.tcl).
        The model window allows us to choose the number of
agents.
        The C to Tcl and vice versa links are declared in the
createEnd method of the RuleManager class, in a static way.

        tclTest is a step in a project regarding the definition
of a scheme of  Agents Environment Rules (AER) simulation
models. Within this scheme I will rewrite in Swarm a neural
network tool named CT [see, as an example, Terna, P.: A
Laboratory for Agent Based Computational Economics: The Self-
development of Consistency in Agents’ Behaviour. In Conte,
R., Hegselmann, R., Terna, P. (eds.): Simulating Social
Phenomena. Springer, Berlin (1997)]. CT method has the goal
of developing agents wired with soft rules (mainly self
developed with leaning), but I’m preparing the AER scheme so
that other solution could be easily interchanged. At present
I’m thinking about Classifier Systems and rule based systems.
        In this perspective, the following protocol is adopted:
the rules describing the behavior of an agent are managed by
a specialized class of objects, named RuleManager; a
ruleManager receives all the necessary data from each agent;
we can have several ruleManager objects; the interaction with
the environment is allowed only to the agents; the
development or the modifications of the rules are performed
by other specialized classes of objects (RuleMaker classes).
(At present, we have not examples of ruleMaker objects).

discussion of the technical details of the day