Re: Building Swarm with cygwin32 beta 20

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Building Swarm with cygwin32 beta 20
Date: 18 Jan 1999 08:30:18 -0800

GPS> Now I'm trying to build a swarm.dll and,
GPS> for speed considerations (no gdb -g info)

We have not tried to build DLLs for the Swarm libraries.  As you
probably know, the DLL tools in Cygwin are not integrated with GNU
binutils or with GNU libtool.  As we don't yet have a need for Swarm DLLs,
supporting Windows is a special case we can't afford to investigate or
support.

GPS> Any tips about how YOU at
GPS> SFI have compiled (patched?)  ffcall-1.3.1/libffi-1.20

I think maybe in the former case I may have regenerated the assembly and
in the latter case pretended to be a SYSV host.

GPS> blt (actually, I'm using the 2.4g version) libs?

The 2.4 version doesn't have autoconf support, and it seems to have
resource leaks.  We're using blt8.0-unoff-swarm-0 on the SFI ftp site.