Re: Segmentation Fault!!!

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault!!!
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:02:39 -0500 (EST)

I don't know about the gdb running ok part,
but here are two "gotcha's" (that got me, at least!)
which were introduced sometime between 1.0.5 and 1.3 or so:

1. You must have SWARMHOME set in the environment

2. The format of the .swarmarchive file changed.

Both these caused seg faults which seemed quite
mysterious at the time.

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html