Dynamic scheduling bug squashed?

From: Geoffrey Schultz
Subject: Dynamic scheduling bug squashed?
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:00:06 -0500 (EST)

I was pleased to see that the dynamic scheduling bug was supposed to be
squashed for 1.4, however, I'm still having problems with it after
upgrading to the 1.4 distribution.

Essentially, the "bug" still appears if there is NO future pending
action created for a schedule during the method in which schedules are
set up, then at some time into
the simulation, an object from a different swarm tries to insert an action
onto the schedule.  As described in the notes, the action will be executed
if the schedule already has pending action at some future time into the
simulation (so the bug is squashed in so far as it is described), but
again, it will not execute if the schedule is initially empty, and another
swarm inserts an action onto the schedule (to be executed at a future
time).

Has anyone else found this? Is this a known limitation to the new dynamic
scheduling? Is my question clear?

Geoff Schultz

McGill-Montreal General Hospital
Pain Centre