Re: How to synchronize actions?

From: Fabio Mascelloni
Subject: Re: How to synchronize actions?
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:13:46 +0100

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:

> How about having each worker Swarm schedule a `recordResult:' on the
> blackboard Swarm?  recordResult: could check to see if there is a full
> batch of results and either do nothing, or commence a review.  The
> review would result in new jobs being scheduled on each worker Swarm.
>
> In other words, Schedule is the feature for synchronizing things in Swarm.

I'm sorry,but I've not understood.Each subSwarm schedule is made up of about 3
actions to be scheduled:

subActions=[ActionGroup create self];
[subActions createActionTo: self message: M(process_Message)];
[subActions createActionTo: blackboard  message: M(get_My_message)];
[subActions createActionTo: self message: M(process_blackboard_Message)];

subSchedule=[Schedule createBegin:self];
[subSchedule setRepeatInterval:1];
subSchedule=[subSchedule createEnd];
[subSchedule at: 0 createAction: subActions];

The schedule should be interrupted between action 2 and 3,until the blackboard
has processed its own message.
Fabio.