Re: Installation problem: Swarm-1.4.1 on Win95

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Installation problem: Swarm-1.4.1 on Win95
Date: 18 Feb 1999 09:06:45 -0800

JK> OK, I had 1.3.1 up and running and tried installing Swarm-1.4.1
JK> without removing the old version. Then I tried installing the new
JK> one after I had removed the old stuff, including entries in
JK> autoexec.bat.

Just FYI, what should happen when you install Swarm 1.4.1 after
a Swarm 1.3.1 install is that the PATH variable gets the 1.3.1-related
paths removed, and the 1.4.1 paths added.  The SWARMHOME,
SWARMROOT, CYGFS, and CYGROOT variables also get updated.  These
updates are needed whether or not you uninstall 1.3.1 as InstallShield
doesn't do unedits of autoexec.bat for an uninstall -- so the 1.4.1
install does the cleanup.