RE: NT Install problem

From: Joseph E. Villa
Subject: RE: NT Install problem
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:34:53 -0800

Jamie,

FWIW, I've installed and am currently coding in Swarm-1.4.1 on a Hewlett
Packard Vectra VL running NT. I was previously running Swarm-1.3.1 with
CygwinB19 on this machine. I did not modify or move or do anything
tricky with my Swarm-1.3.1 installation before installing Swarm-1.4.1
(mostly because I don't know enough to do anything smart).

I picked up CygwinB20 (the file is full.exe) at
ftp://go.cygnus.com/pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-b20/full.exe
. Then I got Swarm-1.4.1 (swarm-1.4.1.exe) at
ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/swarm-1.4.1.exe. I installed CygwinB20
in the default directory (C:\Cygnus\cygwin-b20) and likewise Swarm in
the default diretory (C:\Swarm-1.4.1). Everything went very smoothly and
Swarm-1.4.1 came right up.

I assume from your message that you originally installed CygwinB20 in a
non-default directory. Did you simply reinstall, or first uninstall and
then reinstall? I wonder if there are residual effects from your
original install that are causing the problems. Maybe try uninstalling
CygwinB20 altogether, reinstall in the default directory, and then see
if Swarm flies.

If you don't mind, let me know if you find resolution: I'd love to add
this to my SWARMjournal for newbies.

Cheers,

Joseph.