Re: Benchmarks: Graphics vs. batch, Linux vs. Windows

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Benchmarks: Graphics vs. batch, Linux vs. Windows
Date: 10 May 1999 11:31:16 -0700

LRA> Windows takes 33% longer for graphics mode than Linux.

Interesting.  If it were just a raster I'd expect that Windows would
be faster than X11 on Redhat, since the raster support for Windows
uses memory mapped bitmaps, something I'd expect to be very fast.
But I can't say it breaks my heart to hear that the Linux-based system
beats Windows (heh, even if I'm the one to blame).