Sorry Steve

From: donalson
Subject: Sorry Steve
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:58:18 -0700

I just reread the email from Steve carefully looking for enlightenment and
realized that my previous email could have been construed as rude.  This is
proof that if you respond to an email you should read it carefully.  The
reference to a stopwatch was not related to Steves testing (this is what I
missed the first time.)  In fact I don't own one, I was using the clock on the
wall.  I am trying to compare a Swarm model to a C++ model, so I am trying to
make the runs as long (and eventually as complex) as possible and they will
probably be greater than 1 hour.  I think that this is necessary when comparing
Swarm with a different simulation base (where it is not when comparing the same
Swarm on two different machines.)  In C++ there is a library function called
"time" that I can call at the beginning and end and then subtract and printout.
I was hoping that there was something similar in objc.

I did not mean to imply that I had a better testing method or anything of the
like.  I had already planned the email when I logged on and just saw that
someone else was doing something similar so I replied.  I was quite embarrassed
when I just reread.  Sorry Steve.

Cheers,

   Doug