Re: gcc puts executable code on the stack frame

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: gcc puts executable code on the stack frame
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> Swarm uses a GCC feature called nested functions, or
> closures. Closures capture the variable context during
> the definition of a function and allow you to pass
> around that function using your own parameterization.

As I under it, a nested function (in GCC) is something
like:
   -void foo () {
       void bar () { printf( "Nested.\n" ); }
       bar();

Are we talked 'bout the same thing-ama-do ?

Ken

PS: As I recall, nested functions was one of gcc features
that couldn't be used on "[pain-in-the] AIX". See
http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9704/0050.html