Re: Drawing on ZoomRasters

From: Gary Polhill
Subject: Re: Drawing on ZoomRasters
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 16:12:55 +0100

Gary Polhill wrote:

> Carl Scheffler wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I've noticed that a line drawn on a ZoomRaster using the
> > lineX0:Y0:X1:... method remains a nice thin line, even if the
> > zoomfactor is quite high. The thing is that when I use a lined
> > drawing method I coded myself, I draw pixels on the raster and
> > when the zoom is increased, these pixels become fat and the line
> > blocky.
> >
> > Is it possible to access the raster directly and to draw a 'thin' line
> > pixel by pixel and if so, how?
>
> I did this for Swarm 1.0.3 by copying the ZoomRaster source and adding
> in a method to draw a line. I can send you the source if you're
> interested (I haven't looked in to doing a similar kind of thing for
> Swarm 1.4.1, but I don't think it would be too difficult).

Aargh! No I didn't! Sorry, I should have read your message properly.
What I actually did was to write my own lineX0:Y0:X1:...-like method
for a ZoomRaster (cos I didn't know that one existed). Apologies
for wasting time, etc....

Gary

--

Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen. AB15 8QH
Tel: +44 (0) 1224 318611               Email: address@hidden