Re: Robustness Check and "A growing body of ad-hoc analysis solutions"

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Robustness Check and "A growing body of ad-hoc analysis solutions"
Date: 13 Jul 1999 13:11:59 -0700

B> You have a
B> simple ASCII file format for loading and saving, and the user can
B> drop in a one liner to the code which does all the work.

Just like you can with Archiver, btw.

B> Looking ahead to Swarm 2.0; once we introduce a new front end
B> programming language (Java) the original point 'let's all talk in
B> terms of the same language and objects' is moot.

It depends what you mean by "language".  The functional interfaces in
2.0 are the same for Objective C and Java, as well as the underlying
implementation.  What I think of by "language" in this context are
precise abstractions for communication about agent based modeling,
not compatability.