Re: ReaperQueue

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: ReaperQueue
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:29:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Jayshree Sarma wrote:

> I did look at the code for deleteAll. The reaperQueue
> is not nil, yet both these statements cause the program to seg fault
>      [reaperQueue deleteAll];
>      [reaperQueue removeAll];
>
> When I comment out this line the program runs fine, no seg fault!  The
> problem is that I need to delete the reaper queue. There is only
> one member in the reaper queue at that time.

Hmmm.. that suggests to me that the reaperQueue contains a
pointer to a member that has already been dropped.  Its
just a guess though; I'd have to look at the code or a
backtrace.

Just to precise, you want to delete all the members of the
reaperQueue but keep the reaperQueue for reuse, right?

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427