Re: Invitation to join the Swarm Development Group

From: Irene Anne Lee
Subject: Re: Invitation to join the Swarm Development Group
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:54:48 -0600

Philip Rhoades writes:
 > Thanks for the note - I am interested but with qualifications - I wonder how
 > many others are in a similar situation.  I have looked at Swarm a while ago
 > and I think I could make good use of it in my research but I have basically
 > put off doing anything (I am really short of time) until the Java interface
 > is going.  I figure I could kill two virtual birds with one virtual stone by
 > learning Java and Swarm at the same time.

Great!  We have just posted the new release (v2.0) with the Java interface
that you have been looking forward to. You can find it at

   http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/release.html

The primary feature of Swarm 2.0 is support for the Java programming
language.  Swarm models may now be implemented using Objective C,
Java, or both.

--Irene