Re: Invitation to join the Swarm Development Group

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Invitation to join the Swarm Development Group
Date: 30 Aug 1999 11:36:32 -0700

PR> So the question is - can I help with the Java i/f development somehow?

Well, off the top of my head, it would be nice if Swarm had better
visualization and analysis tools.  Writing shiny Java versions of the
space and analysis libraries would be very useful (e.g. with Java bean
interface metadata and IDE integration).  But I don't want to claim to
know what's useful -- if you have an itch, scratch it!

The SDG will do as much foundational feature and usability work as we can,
but one goal of Swarm has always been to have the user community move
forward in parallel, with individuals building and distributing independent
packages that work with Swarm.