Re: BLT2.4j problems

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: BLT2.4j problems
Date: 15 Oct 1999 15:04:25 -0600

PA> Hi, I'm in the process of installing swarm 2.0.1.  I installed
PA> BLT2.4j which I got form the needed-software directory of the
PA> santafe ftp site.  When I was trying to install swarm with the rpm
PA> file: swarm-hdf5-2.0.1-2.rh6.i386.rpm, I got the error message
PA> that follows: error: failed dependencies: blt is needed by
PA> swarm-hdf5-2.0.1-2.rh6 libBLT.so.2 is needed by
PA> swarm-hdf5-2.0.1-2.rh6

PA> I have ensured that BLT's libs are in my path.  I have also noted
PA> that the file referred to, libBLT.so.2, is not in the lib
PA> directory.  Any ideas?

Use the blt RPM supplied with Red Hat 6.0 (i.e. on the CD-ROM or the
Red Hat ftpsite).  The blt2.4j in needed-software is only required if
you need to build blt from source on architectures that don't already
have packages (Debian, Red Hat all have binary packages for BLT, so
you don't need to compile it from source).

I have included more detailed instructions in the README.i386 in that
directory:

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/redhat/RPMS/i386/README.i386

A.

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Program            |     web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex