Using swarm with Java

From: Peter Aykroyd
Subject: Using swarm with Java
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:49:48 -0400 (EDT)

I've been reading the FAQ but still some things aren't evident to me.
Is it correct that I have to compile the swarm code (can't use an RPM) if
I want to use Java.  Next, I was going to get jikes and kaffe and use
those for the compiling and VM stuff.  Do I still need to get the
blackdown JDK for something else.  The FAQ mentions something to extract
JARs with.  Perhaps the most relevant question is to ask if there is any
documentation on how to do this install?  Sorry if I sound naive, I've
done some work in linux but have never had to administrate my own machine
so I'm lost in the wilds.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Later,
   Peter