Re: scheduling actions and Selector matters in java swarm ....

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: scheduling actions and Selector matters in java swarm ....
Date: 25 Nov 1999 09:58:06 -0800

XH> the starting time of actions can not be set greater than the
XH> display frequency. This is also shown in the run error message.
XH> It seems to me that Objective-C swarm does not have this problem.

That is what Schedule does, Java or not.  There are explanations of this
and examples of what you do instead in the mailing list archives.

XH> (2) I can not find the reference of how to use Selector in java.
XH> For example, if a class X has a method y without argument, then I
XH> may use: Selector(X.getClass(), "y", flag); (flag can be true or
XH> false).

The key that Selector uses is the method name.  Unlike in Objective C,
the method name is different from the method signature.  In Java, multiple
methods can be associated with the same name, provided their argument
types are different; Java is polymorphic.  What this means is that you
should name your Java methods in such a way so as *not* to have
polymorphic variants.  The flag that you pass to Selector indicates
whether the name is an Objective C signature or a Java method name;
whether or not the first argument is a class that comes from Swarm or not.