Re: ooops!

From: Juan A Rodriguez
Subject: Re: ooops!
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 11:36:59 -0500

Thanks very much Paul. I'll try that.
First I installed the RPM but I kept on having that bug with this
very simple thing and then, in despair, I tried the dirty trick.
By the way, I trust you if you say that it works.

juan

Wow! I learn something new every day. I did not realize you could take
the jar file from java fixes and install it into a redhat system.
Interesting. I thought those things were intended only for MS windows
systems.

Why don't you consider using newer RPMs that I have on my site.  These
RPMS for either JDK or Kaffe use more up-to-date swarm editions and it
won't hurt you to try installing them. The beauty of the RPM is it can
be easily installed and removed. It may seem to you that these RPMs are
too risky, because I'm not an "official swarm guy" like Alex, but I
assure you they work for me and at least some others in this list.  I've
been making Swarm RPMS for a long time, even before there were official
Swarm 2.0 RPMS from SFI.