Re: memberships

From: M. Lang / S. Railsback
Subject: Re: memberships
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:14:05 -0800

> Since 99% of Swarm users have decided not to contribute monetarily, I would
> say not that Ford is extremely cheap and shortsighted, but rather that SDG
> is not offering something sufficiently valuable at this point.

The whole point (as Cody pointed out in his first message) is that
waiting until SDG is stable enough to be guaranteed worth contributing
to is just the wrong way to think about our situation. We should be
thinking "What do we have to do (buy in) to make sure we get the outcome
we want- the persistence and growth of Swarm. We need to flap our
butterfly wings and create those positive feedbacks that flip the system
into a desired mode.
--
address@hidden
Lang, Railsback & Assoc.