Re: Sudden Refusal of Swarm to run Compiled Obj-C Programs

From: Konrad Richter
Subject: Re: Sudden Refusal of Swarm to run Compiled Obj-C Programs
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:16:57 +0100

Hi,

I have found the cause (though not the explanation) for the error. In my case it occured, when I inserted the folllowing lines into the "GraphIPD" program from Benedicts tutorial at UCLA:

into observerSwarm.h:

id <EZBin> numEZ;

in observerSwarm.m:

numEZ=[EZBin createBegin: self];
[numEZ setTitle: "Number of Agents"];
[numEZ setCollection: agentList]"
numEZ=[numEZ createEnd];

Note that that the collection agentList didn´t exist when I compiled the program. (I only wanted to see what error message the compiler would print). However, when I compiled the program there was no errror message. But when I tried to run the program the error message from above occured. Moreover, all other objective-C programs that I had written before ceased to work. It seems like that the lines above have changed something in the Swarm program itself. My only solution to this problem was deinstalling and reinstalling Swarm.

Greetings, Konrad

  ================================== Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day to day usage of Swarm. For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing), please send a message to with "help" in the body of the message.