Re: compilation

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: compilation
Date: 16 Feb 2000 15:26:52 -0800

JR> You recommended me the ptolemy library at Berkeley
JR> to build graphics like historgrams, etc. I'm planning to use that
JR> one, but I wonder whether anyone has been using any other
JR> interesting graphical library. Unfortunately I've got to build a
JR> flashy presentation (sic).

Hmm, it might be useful if the SDG had a web page with
links to various Java libraries that have been used successfully
with Swarm (preferably with links to the models).

Unfortunately, I have little time to experiment with these things..
Besides the Berkeley stuff, and common Java GUI libraries, my only other
experience w.r.t. to Swarm is with COM (talking to Excel and R).

Incidentally, we'd like to replace gui/simtoolsgui/simtools/analysis
with a web-friendly frontend GUI app for planning, running, and
visualizing experiments, but in the near term it would be useful to at
least document the useful Java resources out there, especially
successful application with Swarm.