doubtful RPMs?

From: Sandor Megyaszai
Subject: doubtful RPMs?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 05:53:21 +0100 (MET)

Hello!

I would have tried to use Swarm. I would use it through a higher level
interface, MAML (Multi-Agent Modelling Language,
http://www.syslab.ceu.hu/maml, probably you know about it). I'm not an
expert of this MAML, so I cannot strongly state that the problem is
not in that, but the signs say to me that the Swarm part is the
problematic.

MAML need Swarm version 1.4.1, but as a developer of it told me higher
versions should have been also OK.  After I use RedHat Linux, I
downloaded the only RPM version from your ftp site,
swarm-hdf5-2.0.1-3.rh6.i386.rpm

I installed it successfully, but I have problem with it when I try to
compile and run a ~HelloWorld MAML example.

When I tried to run the program:

> *** event raised for error: OffsetOutOfRange
> *** function: indexAtOffset(), file:
> /home/alex/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.0.1/src/collections/Collection.m,
> line: 110
> *** execution terminating due to error
> /home/alex/redhat/BUILD/swarm-2.0.1/src/defobj/Symbol.m:173
> -[Error(c)
> _raiseEvent:]
> Aborted (core dumped)

Why I thought the mistake could be in the Swarm package: it mentions
/home/alex directory which shouldn't be in an RPM package...

Later I found the older versions of Swarm packed in RPMs, so I
downloaded and installed now swarm-with-hdf5-1.4.1-3.rh6. The error
message is a bit different but rather similar:

> *** event raised for error: OffsetOutOfRange
> *** function: indexAtOffset(), file: Collection.m, line: 109
> *** execution terminating due to error
> Aborted (core dumped)

I really don't know what to do any more. It would be very great if you
could help me, this is an important task of me.

Thanks in advance, yours sincerely:
--
                                                mEGYA.