Re: .libs/xxx file created when running swarm2.1.1 apps?

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: .libs/xxx file created when running swarm2.1.1 apps?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 12:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hmmm...can one (ie, a normal user on a multiuser system
as we have here) do a make install on their own apps and control where
these installed binaries get placed?   I see the default is:

formica-rlr)make -n install
if test -n "" ; then \
  test -d /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/etc/swarm/axelcult \
    || mkdir /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/etc/swarm/axelcult ; \
  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644  /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/etc/swarm/axelcult ; \
        fi
if test -n "" ; then \
  test -d /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/share/swarm/axelcult \
    || mkdir /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/share/swarm/axelcult ; \
  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644  /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/share/swarm/axelcult ;
\
        fi
/bin/sh /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/bin/libtool-swarm --mode install
/usr/bin/install -c axelcult /appl/swarm2.1.1/opt/bin
formica-rlr)

That seems to want to install it in the system-owned swarm area,
which we don't want our normal users to do.

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html