New swarm-snapshot 2000-09-10 RPMS available

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: New swarm-snapshot 2000-09-10 RPMS available
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:44:41 -0500

Marcus labeled this smap swarm-2000-09-10.tar.gz.  RPMS can't have
hyphens in source names, so I've followed the pattern with the last
snapshot of calling this swarm 2.1.4.20000910.  Before the last time, I
was numbering these 2.1.1.20000626 and so forth, but people didn't
understand that these are development snapshots, so we boosted the third
number in there.  All in all, it is not a great numbering system I have,
but it keeps it clear in my mind.

I don't know what all is new here, but there is a nice update/addition
of the avl tree in the misc directory--now we have avltr support (right
threaded).  As far as I know, all of the wrinkles related to
randomization in scheduling and hierarchical swarms are now wrinkled
out.

I made RPMS for i386 and i686 machines, and if you are a java user, the
only java kit I'm supporting at the moment is sun/blackdown jdk-1.3.
Last time I tried, there was some problem with SMP support in the other
java kit and I've not tried it again, mostly because I don't do any java
programming yet....

you should find
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i686/swarm-hdf5-2.1.4.20000910-1.jdk13.i686.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i686/swarm-hdf5-jdk-2.1.4.20000910-1.jdk13.i686.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i686/swarm-hdf5-static-2.1.4.20000910-1.jdk13.i686.rpm

You only need to install the last two if you use java and want to do
profiling/debugging on swarm itself.

Also, for users who prefer the slow lane:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i386/swarm-hdf5-2.1.4.20000910-1.jdk13.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i386/swarm-hdf5-kaffe-2.1.1.20000523-1.rh6.i386.rpm
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/i386/swarm-hdf5-static-2.1.4.20000910-1.jdk13.i386.rpm

Note these require hdf-1.2.2, which I'm offering
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/hdf5-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm

In that dir i've got some support programs you can use, and in my
software directory I've got rpms for gcc-2.95.2 that have been patched.
Oh, well, I've written all this down in here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.1_RPMSforRH6/