Re: Executed Actions

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Executed Actions
Date: 28 Sep 2000 19:22:10 -0700

>>>>> "D4" == donalson  <address@hidden> writes:

D4>  if( [myModel getSystemTime] >= 1263 )
D4>    {
D4>      printf("mussel is %d\n",flag);
D4>      xprint(sizeEvent.eventId);
D4>      fflush(stdout);
D4>    }
D4>     nullEvent=[eventSchedule remove: sizeEvent.eventId];

D4> Immediatly after this I try to remove the event from the schedule and get a
D4> core dump for trying to remove a non-event from my event schedule.

If xprint succeeds and prints something out that means that a message
was sent to the argument, which is evidence against the hypothesis that
sizeEvent.eventId is damaged.  I would doubt it is a dangling pointer,
because drops result in a memset on the affected region..

You can also run "xprint (eventSchedule)" to inspect the contents of
eventSchedule.

D4> Could xprint report the correct message (atMaxSize1) even though
D4> the event had already been executed?

Yes, unless you have autodrop set.

D4> (I have never used xprint prior to chacing the memory in 2.01 and now with
D4> your suggestion yesterday so I don't have a good understanding on how it
D4> works.)

xprint() sends the argument the message -describe:, passing a stream that
is created when Swarm is initalized.