linux unlimit

From: Stumpo VIII, Cody (C.M.)
Subject: linux unlimit
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:44:45 -0400

Trying to run my crashing swarm code in gdb, I get "virtual memory
exhausted."  Tiny attempts at research indicate I should recompile withot
-Wall or if I were running in BSD, use the unlimit command before gdb.  Does
anyone know of an unlimit type thing for linux (redhat 6.0) or alternately
if "virtual memory exhausted" doesn't perhaps actually mean virtual memory
exhausted, what else I might want to do?
Thanks,
Cody