RE: Finding events at a particular time in a Schedule

From: Tee Toth-Fejel
Subject: RE: Finding events at a particular time in a Schedule
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:11:58 -0400

Thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately, there is no such file and no such directory.
I got a 505 when I tried to access it.

There was a gunzipable file in ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/
called 2.1.1-fixes but it only contained a more recent version of
libkaffeswarm.dll (by a few hours).
I assume that I was supposed to install it over my old version.

Let me root around a bit.
Oh, here is kawa.jar.gz, in
ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/2.1.1-fixes/

Recompiling and rerunning the test code I sent you earlier, if line 94 in
the buildActions method reads:
schedule.at$createActionTo$message (3, this, sel2);
then it runs fine.  If the 3 is changed to a 2 (putting two events at the
same time), then it crashes as follows:

address@hidden//c/jFred] $ javaswarm TestMapIndex
buildObjects: super finished
test: address@hidden
test: swarm.collections.MapIndexImpl
test: swarm.collections.MapIndexImpl
test: next event: address@hidden
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
      0 [sig] Kaffe 1086 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
Kaffe.exe.stackdump

address@hidden//c/jFred] $ less Kaffe.exe.stackdump
59991144 [main] Kaffe 1086 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed, sig
6, rc 258, Win32 error 0

address@hidden//c/Swarm-2.1.1/share/swarm] $ ls -l *jar
-rw-r--r--   1 ttf      Administ   797871 Oct  2 14:59 kawa.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 ttf      Administ   348617 Oct  2 10:52 swarm.jar

BTW, thanks for explaining libgmon.a

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.anteaters.net/ttf/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan