Libraries in Obj C vs. Java

From: M Lang / S Railsback
Subject: Libraries in Obj C vs. Java
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:36:27 -0800

Hi Marcus,

We find ourselves re-using some of our fish model objects and want to
make them into a library (perhaps the first seeds of EcoSwarm). The
question is whether such libraries have to be in the same language (Obj.
C vs. Java) as the rest of our model. Can we write libraries in Obj C
and still use them later if we write models in Java? Or if we write them
now in Java can we still use them from our Obj C models?

Probably a more useful question is: how much hassle is it to use a
non-Swarm library that's in a different language than our model?

Thanks

Steve
--
address@hidden