Re: Fwd: Re: Swarm 2.2 pretest

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Swarm 2.2 pretest
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 12:36:48 +0200

        Hi Marcus,

        with pretest-2 and the cygwin1.dll of September 11
jdkswarm and gcc run perfectly.

        A minor problem: to have
type gcc
replying
gcc is /Swarm-2.2/bin/gcc
and not
gcc is /usr/bin/gcc

I've to set
export PATH=/Swarm-2.2/bin:$PATH

        In autoexec.bat I've
SET PATH=c:\Swarm-2.2\bin;\jdk1.3.1\bin;.;c:\PROGRA~1\TOOLS;%PATH%

but
echo $PATH in cygwin terminal gives
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/Swarm-2.2/BIN:/cygdrive/c/JDK1.3.1/BIN:.:/cygdrive
/c/PROGRA~1/TOOLS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/CO
MMAND

        Also changing the mount order doesn't sovle the problem.

        Pietro

At 09.08 13/09/01 -0600, you wrote:

MD>  The DLL dated the 11th from http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots can
MD> replace the one found in /bin.  Doing so will make Sun JDK work
MD> with the 2.2 pretest on Windows 9x/Me .  I don't yet know why GCC
MD> complains about virtual memory, but sooner or later...  Note:
MD> replacing cygwin1.dll needs to be done from an ordinary DOS box
MD> without Cygwin terminals running.

I've updated the pretest.  The C compiler should now work on Windows
9x and Me.  The problem was that while the `mmap' system call works on
Windows 2000 (the autoconfiguration test that GCC makes to determine
whether or not to take advantage of this features passes), it doesn't
work on Windows 98.  So, on Windows 98, GCC (as built) ended-up using
interfaces that were there, but non-functional on that platform.

 ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/latest/Swarm-2.2-pretest-2.tar.gz