bash config, emacs config, etc (was Re: Fwd: Re: Swarm 2.2 pretest

From: pauljohn
Subject: bash config, emacs config, etc (was Re: Fwd: Re: Swarm 2.2 pretest
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:44:24 -0500

I ran into this same problem and discovered it was due to
settings I had in ~/.bashrc or ~/.bash_custom.  Have you made
sure your PATH is not being tweaked by those files?

Also, concerning SWARMHOME, I have that set in one of the
.bashrc files as well.

My windows systems are all fouled up now with ad hoc changes I
have made to my emacs setup in order to install jde, auc-tex,
cua mode, and who knows what else, and it is difficult for me to
see how to coordinate that stuff with the emacs stuff for swarm.
I'm rather inclined to think there should be a file
~/.emacs_swarm that a user's ~/.emacs file can include.

After the dust clears, I think feel sure this will work itself
out and I'll revise what little information the SwarmFaq has on
it.

Pietro Terna wrote:

>          In autoexec.bat I've
> SET PATH=c:\Swarm-2.2\bin;\jdk1.3.1\bin;.;c:\PROGRA~1\TOOLS;%PATH%
>
> but
> echo $PATH in cygwin terminal gives
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/Swarm-2.2/BIN:/cygdrive/c/JDK1.3.1/BIN:.:/cygdrive
> /c/PROGRA~1/TOOLS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/CO
> MMAND
>
>          Also changing the mount order doesn't sovle the problem.

Dept. of Political Science
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn