Re: Problems compiling 'hello-world' app on Solaris 7

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Problems compiling 'hello-world' app on Solaris 7
Date: 02 Nov 2001 10:43:41 -0700

PF> undefined reference to `XpmCreateImageFromData'
PF> /usr/local/lib/libhdf5.so: undefined reference to `H5TN_init_interface'

I think you have old/different versions of xpm and hdf5.  On Solaris
7, I'm using 3.4h and 1.4.2, respectively.  One way this can happen
even when you think you have the right versions is that the wrong
versions are installed somewhere else on the system, say
/usr/local/lib, and it picks them up ahead of the ones you specify.