Swarm ftp: apps in ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Swarm ftp: apps in ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:08:20 -0600

I got a couple of emails about my proposed revision of the swarm ftp directories, and I easily accomodated them. I've gotten 2 calls from people this week who could not find swarm apps in the ftp server, so I've decided to go ahead and move my stuff into this new place:

ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps

And I hope you like it.

This has the apps as I had found them in mid november. Browsing through the directories, I did not see any new ones I've missed.

After another week or so, while I await criticism and commentary yet again, I will take the old src/apps directory and the src/users-contrib, move them somewhere else, and then create symbolic links to the new place.

I have no idea how many web pages around the world will break as a result of this change, and I apologize for every one. My opinion is that this is a needed cleanup.