Re: gcc3.0

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: Re: gcc3.0
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:21:25 +0000

Sorry - a correction. Compiles everything up to making the <tools> library, when the following terminal situation comes about.

That seems to compile everything, then libswarm.so can't find libgcc_s.so.1. It's there, with gcc3.0 - if that's the problem, how do I incorporate an -rpath into the make?
        There are also undefined refs to:
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden
        address@hidden

        which may then stall proceedings.
        Thanks, as ever,
        Jonathan

JI> In trying to build swarm on a Powerbook with Suse ppc 7.3,
JI> I was obliged to use their experimental gcc3.0 (the only cc1obj
JI> -it seems objective C was deemed unnecessary in their
JI> 2.96). Configure brutally informed me that gcc3.0 won't work.

First try building the latest snapshot:

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing

I haven't tried Linux on a PPC lately, but at one point it worked..

Dr Jonathan Impett
School of Music
University of East Anglia
Norwich NR4 7TJ