FCall

From: Fred Wan
Subject: FCall
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:39:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to put an action in the schedule of my modelSwarm. The method
corresponding to the action has an argument, and I don't know how to pass it
to the method. I know from previous mails to swarm support that this has to
be done through FCall, FArguments etc. and that I'll probably have to use
perform$with, but I don't know how. In the fragment below that's in
modelSwarm's buildactions section, I want to pass an argument to
perceiveThinkMove, which is a ListImpl of 'bugs' called bugList (so I'm
calling each one of the bugs to perform an action, but they have to get
access to the same list they're in).

Thanks,
Fred Wan,
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam,
The Netherlands.

      try{
                Selector sel = new Selector(Class.forName("SimpleBug"),
                                        "perceiveThinkMove", false);
                        FArguments fa = new FArgumentsImpl(getZone(),sel);
                        FCall fc = new FCallImpl(getZone(), bugList.getFirst(),
                                sel, fa);
                        modelActions.createFActionForEachHeterogeneous$call(
                                bugList, fc);
        } catch(Exception e) {
        System.err.println("Exception in ModelSwarm sending perceiveAll: " +
            e.getMessage());
            System.exit(1);