Re: [Q]Swarm tutorial, random number generator

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Q]Swarm tutorial, random number generator
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:09:20 -0600

Stacy Oerder wrote:
Hi

I'm a very new user on Swarm and am currently working through the
tutorial written by Chris Langton in order to get used the language that
is Swarm.

I'm working on Windows 98 with the 2.1.1 version of Swarm and have run
in to some compiling errors with the program simpleSwarmBug with regards
to the Random Number Generator and thus the program will not run. Upon
running the makefile I obtain the following error messages:

address@hidden $ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror   -DAPPNAME=bug
-DDLL  -
I/Swarm-2.1.1/include Bug.m
Bug.m: In function `-[Bug step]':
Bug.m:33: `uniformIntRand' undeclared (first use in this function)

I wonder if you have a version of swarmapps that is not current. I'm testing swarmapps-2.1.1 and in the top of Bug.m I see:

// Bug.m                                        SimpleBug

#import "Bug.h"
#import "FoodSpace.h"
#import <random.h>

If I comment out the random.h include, I can reproduce your error.

Could you check and see?