Re: Sugarscape

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Sugarscape
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:37:52 -0600

It

Luis R. Izquierdo wrote:
Hi everybody!

I´m trying to run the sugarscape application with Swarm-2.2 but I can´t.

I was successful with Swarm-2.1.1 but now it crashes just when it tries to build the raster (I think).

Can anyone give me a hand?
On RedHat Linux, it still runs for me.

At compile time, I see this:
Shuffler.m:26:34: multi-line string literals are deprecated
Shuffler.m:35:37: multi-line string literals are deprecated
make: *** [Shuffler.o] Error 1

but if I do
$ make EXTRAOBJCFLAGS=-Wno-error

then it compiles and runs fine.

I suggest that you should consider getting a clean snap of the sss-2.1 code, and try again. THen apply the usual debugging procedures when you get the crash.

I'm afraid nobody has found it in their interest to do much work writing up "how to use the GNU debugger with Swarm". My students had enough trouble with it that I put together a couple of examples, but they are a little old now, so your mileage may vary:
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/ps909/Agent-Based_Models/GDBUsage01.txt
http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/ps909/Agent-Based_Models/GDBUsage02.txt