Re: Sugarscape

From: Luis R. Izquierdo
Subject: Re: Sugarscape
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:43:24 -0100

I´m sorry for the vagueness of my message. You're absolutely right.
I´ll try to describe my problem more precisely:

I took directly the executable file named sss.exe (that "swarm-2.1.1 demos"
leaves in the bin directory) from a computer with Swarm-2.1.1 installed on
it. The application works fine in that computer (Swarm-2.1.1 for Windows
98).

With that file (sss.exe), the map of the sugarscape (sugarspace.pgm) and
some other files (II-1.model and similar files that were in the
Swarm-2.1.1/share/swarm/sss/ directory), I tried to make it run in my
computer (Swarm-2.2 and Windows Me).

When I type sss.exe from the cygwin shell, I see most of the windows appear
for a second and then they all disappear. Then, the only message that I get
is "Aborted (Core dumped)". A new file is created, named "SSS.EXE.stackdump"
whose content I don't quite understand. I attach it.

I can't compile the source code because I haven't got it and I don't know
where to get it.

Thank you very much and excuse my vagueness. I just thought that maybe there
was a new version for Swarm-2.2 that I didn´t know. Thanks a lot and sorry.
Luis