Re: Swarm on RH8.0 (Re: Wich gcc?

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Swarm on RH8.0 (Re: Wich gcc?
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:50:44 -0600

José Monserrat Neto wrote:
Thanks a lot, Paul!

I guess I could follow all the steps and I've got compiled Swarm 2.1.141 :-)
???

I don't recommend you compile Swarm-2.1.141. I recommend you install the RPM I provide.

Then I've tried to run a simple example, the hello-world program. First, I had to change Makefile to write the correct SWARMHOME directory (/usr/local/swarm-2.1.141)

No, the recommended way to do that is to do

# export SWARMHOME=/usr

before you type "make"

Second, I've changed the Makefile.appl to fix the include directory:

include /usr/local/swarm-2.1.141/etc/Makefile.common
include /usr/local/swarm-2.1.141/etc/Makefile.rules

I'd never go changing the Swarm installed files unless I was sure I knew what I was doing.

(it was /usr/local/swarm-1.2/etc/swarm/Makefile.common)

Then, from my home directory, as a normal user, I tried to make Helloword. Have a look below please to see what happened...

address@hidden swarm-2.1.141]$ pwd
/usr/local/swarm-2.1.141
address@hidden swarm-2.1.141]$ cd /home/monserrat/Swarm/swarmapps-2.1.1/
address@hidden swarmapps-2.1.1]$ cd hello-world/v01
address@hidden v01]$ ls
ChangeLog Counter.m Makefile Person.h PplModelSwarm.h PplObserverSwarm.h Counter.h main.m Makefile~ Person.m PplModelSwarm.m PplObserverSwarm.m
address@hidden v01]$ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAPPNAME=hello-world -DAPPVERSION=2.1 address@hidden -I/usr/local/include main.m
cc1obj: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1obj:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
main.m:10:21: simtools.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
In file included from main.m:11:
PplObserverSwarm.h:6:23: objectbase.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
PplObserverSwarm.h:7:33: simtoolsgui/GUISwarm.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
In file included from PplObserverSwarm.h:8,
                from main.m:11:
PplModelSwarm.h:6:29: objectbase/Swarm.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
In file included from PplModelSwarm.h:7,
                from PplObserverSwarm.h:8,
                from main.m:11:
Counter.h:6:35: objectbase/SwarmObject.h: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
In file included from PplModelSwarm.h:7,
                from PplObserverSwarm.h:8,
                from main.m:11:
Counter.h:14: cannot find interface declaration for `SwarmObject', superclass of `Counter'
make: ** [main.o] Erro 1
address@hidden v01]$

Did I do any thing really wrong?

Monserrat

Yes, something terribly wrong, actually. Instead of doing whatever you did, remove whatever you built, install the rpms like I said, and remember export SWARMHOME=/usr

pj

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504