Re: MacOS X

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: MacOS X
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:45:53 +1100

> > ../../../configure \
> > CC='cc -fgnu-runtime -no-cpp-precomp' \
> > --prefix=/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/macosx/swarmx/build/dst/usr \
> > --with-tcldir=/usr/local/lib \
> > --without-jdkdir \
> > --with-hdf5dir=/usr/local

> Hmmmmm, when I do this it seems to think that the compiler cannot
> create executables for some reason.  "checking for C compiler default
> output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables"

It did that to me yesterday, but today the problem went away, and that
configure command works
Ho hum.

Maybe you need to start with a clean distro.  make distclean crashes at
the moment.  Just another problem.

I'll commit it anyway.

> > Many thanks for your report.  I did the trivial fix of adding a second
> > rubbish argument but did not commit it to the cvs because it was
> > obviously
> > wrong.  This is my only current uncommitted patch.  If you can see the
> > right fix please let me know, and I will commit it.

> As near as I can tell the only "right" way to fix it would be to fix
> the definition in runtime.h, because it is only doing what it was told
> to do:

> Starting at line 78 in runtime.h:

> #ifdef DEBUG
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format, args...) printf (format, ## args)
> #else
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format, args...)
> #endif

> I replaced the code with this:

> #ifdef DEBUG
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format, args...) printf (format, ## args)
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format) printf(format)
> #else
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format, args...)
> #define DEBUG_PRINTF(format)
> #endif

I'll think about that and commit it when I understand it!

Bill Northcott