Re: MacOS X

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: MacOS X
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:58:59 +1100

> >`/Users/raven/Documents/Projects/swarm/libobjc/config/powerpc/compiler-
> >info-generic.h', needed by `compiler-info.h'.  Stop.
>
> I made this file as a copy of the Linux PPC one.  I thought that was
> afirst approximation and we could debug from there.
> I used the swarm/libobjc/config/unknown/compiler-info-generic.h
> I simply copied the swarm/libobjc/config/unknown/compiler-info-
> generic.h  to swarm/libobjc/config/powerpc/compiler-info-generic.h
> and then I added to mframe-generic.h the following line
> #define MFRAME_STACK_STRUCT     1

Thanks for those.  I will update the cvs sources.
Also please note the second problem should be fixed in
libobjc/configpowerpc/mframe-generic.h which is copied by configure to
mframe.h.  If you need to make further changes please make them there.

After those fixes, I die here:
cc -fgnu-runtime -no-cpp-precomp -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc -I. -I./objc
-I/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc/objc
-I/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc -DBUILDING_LIBOBJC -Wall -Werror
-g -O2 -c /Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc/mframe.m -MT mframe.lo
-MD -MP -MF .deps/mframe.TPlo  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/mframe.lo
cc1obj: warnings being treated as errors
/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc/mframe.m: In function
`mframe_build_signature':
/Users/billn/Public/Swarm/swarm/libobjc/mframe.m:146: warning: int format,
long unsigned int arg (arg 5)
make[4]: *** [mframe.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Have you looked at this one?  I could probably skate over it by zapping
the -Werror but I would rather do it right.

Did you manage to get cvs working for you?

Bill Northcott