Re: Swarm+Linux beginner

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Swarm+Linux beginner
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:26:34 -0600

Kanagaraj Krishna wrote:
Hi,
   I'm using Red Hat Linux 8.0 to Swarm (Java) programming for my master's
project regarding simulation of trust in Multi Agent Environment. I need some
advise.....anyway I'm new to Swarm and Linux:

-could anybody suggest an editor for my purpose that works vey well with Swarm
and has helpful functions?
Emacs

-have there been any work regarding trust in the Swarm community?

?
-where can I get easy to understand manuals/instructions to setup Swarm, Java
etc to work together and to integrate with Linux based editing tools
(suggestions would be helpful). I need to get started as soon as posibble.

Swarm User Guide, SwarmOnlineFaq, swarm-support email archive.

-Does java 1.4 works well with Swarm?
YES. I have rpms of the current Swarm snapshot for RH8 on my site. It will tell you which java to use for which rpm

-Would be wise to do all the programming in Windows environment and then port
it to Linux?

You'd rather gouge you eyes out than do that. In Windows, most of the good tools like gdb work like crap. Or, at least they did 2 years ago when my students still used Windows.

Hope to get some favourable reply from the Swarm community.Thanks.

Regards,
Kana

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504