Re: MacOS X last lap

From: Perrone Alessandro
Subject: Re: MacOS X last lap
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 02:49:35 +0100

Hi bill
 Can i ask you a thingg?
I cannot generate a Swarm shared library in MacOsX.
I am using the latest swarm version on cvs.
The first one is a libobjc. All the compilation runs fine, but when the system have to generate the .dylib here it is the result
---
*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lgcc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
gcc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -o .libs/libobjc.0.0.0.dylib archive.lo class.lo encoding.lo gc.lo hash.lo init.lo misc.lo nil_method.lo objects.lo sarray.lo selector.lo sendmsg.lo thr.lo NXConstStr.lo Object.lo Protocol.lo linking.lo mframe.lo thr-single.lo -lc -install_name /swarm/lib/libobjc.0.dylib -compatibility_version 1 -current_version 1.0
gcc: suppress: No such file or directory
gcc: /swarm/lib/libobjc.0.dylib: No such file or directory
gcc: 1: No such file or directory
gcc: 1.0: No such file or directory
gcc: unrecognized option `-compatibility_version'
gcc: unrecognized option `-current_version'
-----
Is it the same thing for you?
IfI use the static library flag, all is ok.
Regards.
                        ALEX