Re: compilation done - more problems

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: compilation done - more problems
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:54:30 -0600

If you ignore warnings, you are open to all kinds of trouble. Don't do that unless you are sure you know what you are doing.

It looks like your Swarm build is confused by the tcl installs in your system, and the configure command for swarm probably did not specify all the details needed.

I can't guess what kind of unix system you are on, but if you build java swarm with the configure line pointing at /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0, then javaswarm apps should work "out of the box". There's just no telling what went wrong in your build of swarm.

You could give more details on your system and what you did to build swarm, or at least explain how you differed from the Swarm FAQ.

pj

Levente -Levi- Littvay wrote:
We managed to compile swarm from the 5-14 snapshot.  Several make files
interpreted warnings as errors which caused the compilation to hang, but
once the -Werrors were removed, it worked...  (seemed to :)

I tried to run the examples...

market-2001-11-26 compiled fine but it did not run:

error: TkExtra (instance)
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tcl8.0

/usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.3,
need 8.0
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.3, need 8.0
    while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.0"
    (file "/usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl" line 19)
    invoked from within
"source /usr/lib/tcl8.0/init.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

    while executing
"error $msg"
    (procedure "tclInit" line 40)
    invoked from within
"tclInit"
Aborted

I have several versions of tcl installed.

We also tried jmousetrap-2001-09-13. Compilation was successfull, but:

/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/bin/java -classpath
/usr/local/share/swarm/swarm.jar:. StartMousetrap
Exception caught: no javaswarm in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createBegin
        at swarm.SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin(Native Method)
        at swarm.Globals.<clinit>(Globals.java:39)
        at StartMousetrap.main(StartMousetrap.java:12)

How do I set java.library.path?

Any ideas on how to fix these?

thx

Levente Littvay